The proposal to incorporate a new city in southeast East Baton Rouge Parish would:
– Remove $85 million in tax revenue from East Baton Rouge Parish.
– Create an annual city-parish budget deficit of $53 million (20% of the entire budget).
– Result in tax increases and/or service cuts for ALL residents of East Baton Rouge Parish, including southeast residents, to make up for revenue losses and create duplicate municipal services.
– Pose a threat to the economic stability of the metro region.
– Increase distrust and division across our community.
We believe the best way to improve our community is to work together, not separate ourselves apart.
Please fill out the form below to sign the petition. One of the options on the petition is to request a yard sign.